Studies from PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences) have unfortunately confirmed our doubts : lack of sleep makes us put on weight. American searchers have concluded that the lack of a good night sleep has a double effect on our brain: it increases our hunger towards caloric food and our lack of judgment that would allow us to resist it. To put it in a nutshell, less you sleep, more you will want to eat fat food.
A metabolism issue also results from this tiredness. Our body wants to consume more calories but its burning capacity is decreased. When we sleep, our levels of ghrelin, the hunger hormon, increases in our blood and encourages us to eat more.
Moreover, not sleeping enough prevents us to exercise and to avoid sedentarism.
If you are facing this problem, here are some advices that you could put into place from now on :
- Turn off all your electronic devices one hour before going to bed. Indeed, their light affects our body clock.
- Have a light dinner at least two hours before going to bed.
- Do not pratice exciting activities in the evening : more you will be dynamised, less you will sleep.
- Try to create a routine or a ritual before going to bed. You body will release melatonin, the sleep hormon, to help you fall asleep.
- Take COCOON, our food supplement made of 3 antioxidant plants. It will not only help you to eliminate toxins, but will also help you to soothe your body and mind.